Motor skills are fundamental to your kid’s development. These simple yet fun fine motor activities are a great way to keep those small hand muscles entertained while they’re learning!
Help your child through their fine motor development, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor strength, while having fun!
Your kid’s concentration, little hands, pincer grasp, gross motor skills, small muscles, and persistence will also be practiced as they do these awesome activities!
Super Simple and Fun Fine Motor Activities
1. Straw and Colander Motor Activity
This simple straw and colander activity by Kids Activities Blog uses only materials you already have on hand! Your toddler will never notice how fine his motor skills are becoming because of the fun!
2. Play with Rubber Bands and Cans
This is a simple but fun activity by Hands On As We Grow! Your kid’s fine motor practice will definitely get refined with this rubberband-can activity! How many rubber bands can your child stretch around the can without the snaps?
3. Simple Toothpick and Bottle Activity with your Toddler
This toothpick bottle activity from Kids Activities Blog will have your toddlers mesmerized! Their grip, concentration, and fine motor skills will be enhanced while having real fun!
4. Motor Skill Development and Number Recognition Activity Combination
This sticky yarn activity by Kids Play Box will help your child practice both their fine motor skills and their number recognition! Your toddler will be so focused to small pieces he’ll not notice how many numbers he already knows!
5. Practice Your Toddler’s Motor Skills with Playdough
These DIY playdough toys activities from Kids Activities Blog add a fun twist to your ordinary play dough, bolts, and stickers time! Your kids will never notice how improved their fine motor skills have become!
6. Refine Your Kid’s Fine Motor Skills Development with Button Snake Activity
Your toddler will love practicing buttoning with this cute button snake and small objects activity from Happy Hooligans then keep them on sensory bins! This fine motor skills activity is perfect for snake craft lovers!
7. Motor Skills Practice Using Cheese Shaker and Toothpicks!
A simple cheese shaker can turn into a fun fine motor activity from Mess for Less! Your toddler will love shaking the toothpicks, spoon, or fork out and inserting them back again!
8. Painting Design and Cutting Practice
Introduce painting pipettes to your kid early! Your toddler can first paint a design onto the paper, then practice cutting with scissors as a fun motor occupational therapy activity by Powerful Mothering!
9. Practice Picking Things Up using Tweezers or Tongs
Tongs and kids’ tweezers are such great utensils in an ot toolbox for fun fine motor play! This awesome activity from Craftulate is so fun your toddler will love picking things and nuts up around the house!
10. Plastic Straw Threading Activity
Your toddler will have to concentrate to thread plastic straws onto the q-tips! This fun motor skills index finger and thumb activity by Mess for Less is super cool your child will not notice time passing by!
11. Create This Colorful Bead Rainbow with your Toddler
12. Colorful Water Dropper Activity
It takes some serious skill to get the water into the right place like an ice cube tray without the help of a water dropper! This focused yet fun motor skills activity from Tutus And Tea Parties are so cool your toddler will love it!
13. Dedicate a Cutting Station and Have a Less Mess House!
This dedicated cutting station lets your kid practice scissor use, glue, pencil, and cutting – mess-free! This fine motor skills activity by No Time For Flash Cards is a plus!
14. Fine Motor Painting Activity Using Eggs
Once Easter’s over, put those leftover eggs to use in this fine motor painting activity from Learn Play Imagine! This is so colorful your kid will love doing them!
15. A Must-try LEGO Motor Skills Activity
This LEGO fine motor activity by What We Do All Day combines LEGOs and silly putty- what’s there not to love? Your toddler will never notice the fine motor skills developing!
More Fun Fine Motor Activities and Crafts from Play Ideas!
- Here’s how to crochet a bearded dragon and some great fine motor activities for preschoolers.
- This will help you make homemade bathtub paint out of common household items, and offers a few fine motor activities to do with children while having a bath!
- We’re ready for spring! In celebration, we’re offering healthy spring snacks and some simple fine motor activities.
- Because of the viscosity, shaving cream provides a great sensory experience. Here are some fine motor activities and ideas for playing with shaving cream.
- Thanksgiving will be super fun with these awesome crafts and fine motor activities for kids!
- Baking is fun! Try decorating these cookies to practice fine motor activities with your kiddos!
- Indoor snow activities and some fine motor activities for kids when it is too cold to go outside. This activity is easy for toddlers and preschoolers and fits in a small space.
Which of these fine motor activities does your kid love the most?