Do you want to have fun while learning with your kids? Encourage your child’s love of learning with these awesome and fun Science experiments with explosion!
These easy science experiments are great, and often don’t require much more than common household items or simple ingredients. Nor do they require complex science kits or anything of the sort. instead they are just fun science activities and cool science experiments which any kid will gawk at! after all, is there anything better then explosions?
These 25 Spectacular Explosion Experiments for Kids are so much fun that your kids won’t even know they are learning. Between exploding apples and erupting ice, there is enough fun here to last for weeks! Encourage that love of science with these awesome and simple experiments. Enjoy!
25 Bright And Spectacular Science Experiments with Explosions For Kids Of All Ages
1. Mind Blowing Water Bottle Popper Experiment
In this simple experiment by Housing A Forest, your child will watch a bottle blow its top…just by twisting it! With this simple trick, the kids will be so amazed!
2.Awesome Erupting Dinosaur Eggs Experiment For Science Fair
Your little paleontologists will love hatching these erupting dinosaur eggs by Parenting Chaos. Some of the items needed are baking soda, cup of water, cup of vinegar, coffee grounds, sand and green food dye or Kool-Aide. Your children would love to learn more about prehistoric dinosaurs through this spectacular experiment!
3. Big Bursting Elephant Toothpaste Experiment
Abraca-xplosion! With just a handful of household ingredients like yeast, 3 tablespoon of water, bottle, hydrogen peroxide, dish soap and food colouring, you and your child can make elephant toothpaste by Hallecake. But be careful with the big mess this explosion could make inside the house!
4. Cool Alternative Explosion Experiment
Volcanoes are so yesterday. Today’s kids are all about alternative explosions by Little Bins for Little Hands…like this apple. You won’t believe how far the core flies! This lowkey helps your children learn about rocket science.
5. Colored Vinegar OR Water Explosion Experiments
Instead of a simple vinegar and water explosion, why not add food coloring and make this art by Learn Play Imagine Blog! Just imagine how happy your kids will be with these colorful explosions!
6. Exploding Eggs For Easter Science Experiment
This egg not only bounces, it explodes! You won’t believe how it’s done, either. This spectacular experiment by Momma’s Fun World will be so fun to do after Easter Egg Hunting. What a blast!
7. Stunning Glow In The Dark Explosions Experiment
With just the right ingredients added to the bag, you can make this unbelievably pretty glow in the dark explosions by Growing a Jeweled Rose! Enjoy with your kids this spectacular sight to see! This makes for an excellent science lesson for the classroom, and can set students on a course to become STEM masters!
8. Colorful Erupting Sidewalk Chalks Experiment
Don’t just draw on sidewalks, use erupting sidewalk chalk by Learn Play Imagine and watch the watercolors come to life. This awesome experiment will leave you wanting for more!
9. Wonderful Color Exploding Gelatin Bombs
The color gelatin bombs by Fun At Home With Kids are gorgeous as they fizz. How many colors will your children want to make?
10. Dropping and Exploding Colorful Paint-Filled Balloons
For a really big bang, add paint to a balloon and drop it by Science Sparks on a hard surface. The splatter is amazingly fun and your kids will love mixing the colors. This mixture of colors makes for a spectacular end result. It’s like a color tornado!
11. Play Exploding Carwashes With Your Kiddos
Washing cars is fun, but exploding carwashes are awesome fun. Give your kids a fizzy day and they won’t forget to use this amazing experiment by What Do We Do All Day Blog. this fun kitchen science experiment is great for demonstrating chemical reactions and other chemistry concepts!
12. Get Excited With These Magnificent Exploding Treasure Chests!
You can hide coins and jewels in these ‘treasure chests‘ by Fun-A-Day and your kids will be so excited to discover the hidden secrets.
13. Exploding Colorful Fireworks Experiment
These exploding fireworks by Toddler Approved make gorgeous artwork that you and your children will want to hang in your house. This vinegar experiment makes for a beautiful result, it almost looks like melted skittles or glitter!
14. Dazzling Fizzy Exploding Paint Art
Let the kids draw on the sidewalk with this paint, and instead of washing it away you can use vinegar to make it fizz up. They’ll love this fizzy paint art Kids Activities Blog!
15. Watch These Marvelous Glow In The Dark Explosions Experiments
Glow in the dark explosions by Growing a Jeweled Rose are awesome to watch, especially when they keep going, and going, and going… Close all the lights and let the fun begin! Turn a bowl into a volcano to make an explosion of colored water and bubbles!
16. Microwave Ivory Soap and Make Explosive Fluffy Foam
Do you know when you microwave Ivory soap you get this? This explosion of fluffy foam by Kids Activities Blog is as soft as cloud and it only takes a little soap to make this huge pile of fluff. This fun physics activity is great at demonstrating how density changes
17. Enjoy Playing With These Stunning and Exploding Frozen Ice Volcanoes
Frozen ice volcanoes by Reading Confetti are fun to explode…especially on hot summer days. Those little scientists who love ice will be so excited to make this!
18. The Most Popular Exploding Mentos Candies Geyser Experiment
You’ve probably already seen the classic Mentos geyser, but have you tried it yet? Seriously, you have to try it. This explosion experiment by I Can Teach My Child a blast. Whatch the Coke go from liquids to a bubbly explosion! Just be ready with some paper towels!
19. Unique And Easy To Make Milk Colors First Explode
Your child is going to be amazed when they see milk colors first explode by Mess For Less, then fill up the container. It’s so easy to make, kids of all ages can do this.
20. Stunning And Cool Peep Geyser Experiment
Maybe you’ve microwaved one Peep before, but did you know you can make a Peep geyser by Housing A Forest when you add a bunch of them to a container? It’s so cool to watch with your kids!
21. Breathtaking Rainbow of Explosions
For those especially colorful kiddos, you can make a rainbow of explosions by She Knows. You could mix the colors to make it more fun!
22. Blow Up A Glove By Putting Pop Rocks Into Soda Experiment
When you add pop rocks to a bottle of soda it creates enough of a gas that you can blow up a glove. This experiment by Lemon Lime Adventures could trickle into the imagination of your kids. How fun is that?
23. Show Your Kids These Extravagant Exploding Geysers!
Add some sparkle to your exploding geysers and the glittery fun will look almost like fireworks. It will be so much fun to pop the bubbles formed on top of this spectacular experiment by Preschool Powol Packets. Great for teaching capillary action!
24. Awesome and Cool Erupting Watermelon Using Kool-Aid
This erupting watermelon experiment by Learn Play Imagine is awesome because it doesn’t use any vinegar to make it explode! The sweet smell of Kool-Aid will make your kids enthusiastic!
25. Make this Exploding Slime With Your Children
Normal explosions are tons of fun, but once this one explodes, it becomes slime. Seriously. This Exploding slime by E is for Explore is about taking things to the next level!
More Bright And Fun Experiments From Play Ideas
- Get ready for Halloween with these Halloween science experiments.
- With the help of Mythbusters experiment, kids could learn why we should practice social distancing.
- The Winter is Coming! Have fun with these exciting winter experiments here.
- Edible science experiments are the best just because kids can EAT it!
- Summer could be so hot, the best thing to ease the heat is to let the your little ones have fun playing with ice.
- Preschoolers will have fun with these balloon experiments.
- Who says science experiments can’t be silly? Laugh a lot with these silly and funny science experiments here.
- Here are some fun shaving cream science experiments and activities you can do at home and with the kids.
- Kids will love these imaginative vegetable crafts, experiments and activities. Perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
Which of these experiments helped your kids learn more?