Playdough is always fun for kids, regardless of age! Add the winter season and you get a perfect match of opportunity to play with your kiddos! These winter playdough recipes for kids will be as fun for the kids playing with them as they are for you making them. Plus, you won’t believe how amazing these smell!
Your kids will love digging into all things winter with these playdough recipes!
Creative Winter Playdough Recipes For Kids
1. Vanilla-Mint Scented Playdough
This vanilla-mint scented playdough by Mama Papa Bubba will be fun to play with and smells so incredible!
2. Sparkly Tinsel Playdough
Add tinsel to playdough for a different kind of sensory play your kids will love! Such a cute idea from Laughing Kids Learn!
3. Awesome Stellar Playdough
This stellar playdough from Tradewind Tiaras is a great way to get into the mood for the new Star Wars movie!
4. Cute Sparkly Snowman
Your kids are going to love building a snowman out of playdough with this sparkly snow dough by Buggy and Buddy!
5. Silver and Gold Playdough
These silver and gold playdoughs by Craftulate are a great way to ring in the new year and enjoy glittery-colored fun!
6. Chocolate-Scented Reindeer Dough
This reindeer dough by Kids Craft Room is perfect for playing with, but also smells just like chocolate! Your kiddos will love this super fun craft!
7. Fun Pine Tree Playdough Mat
This pine tree playdough mat from This Reading Mama is a great way to let your children decorate their own tree, and keep the fun clean and contained!
8. Fragrant Pomegranate Playdough
This pomegranate playdough from My Nearest and Dearest has a great scent and is a fun way for kids to enjoy this unique winter fruit!
9. Christmas Tree-Shaped Playdough
Let your kids cut out Christmas tree shapes with playdough and decorate them with buttons, glitter, or anything else Christmasy you might have laying around, just like this one from Learn Play Imagine!
10. Pine-Scented Playdough
This pine-scented playdough by Krystals Kitsch is beautiful to play with and a great sensory experience for kids who want to get into the winter groove!
11. Orange-Scented Playdough
Orange spice is fun to play and smells so amazing! What a great way to enjoy playdough fun with your kiddo in this recipe from Mamas Like Me!
12. Cool Glow-in-the-Dark Playdough
This playdough is glow-in-the-dark. You and your kids can have fun making ornaments that’ll keep shining even after the lights go out in this fun recipe by Growing a Jeweled Rose!
13. Cocoa-Scented Playdough
This hot cocoa scented playdough by Fireflies and Mud Pies is so great for imaginative play! Instead of a tea party, you can enjoy a fun hot cocoa party with your little one!
14. Gingerbread-Scented Playdough
Want a fun gift for kids? Give them a jar full of their own gingerbread-scented playdough like this one from Money Saving Mom!
15. Craft Some Gingerbread Man Playdough
Once they have that gingerbread-scented playdough, they’re going to love decorating gingerbread man playdoughs with buttons, beads, and anything else! What a fun way to make gingerbread men in this idea from Kids Activities Blog!
16. Frozen-Inspired Playdough
This Frozen-inspired dough by The Whoot is sparkly and so beautiful for your little one’s creative play!
17. Marzipan-Scented Play Dough!
You won’t believe how many amazing scents are available for playdough play… marzipan? Your kiddos will have a go with this recipe from Minie Co!
18. Refreshing Orange and Lemon Scents
Oranges and lemons are beautiful year-round, but your winter-bound child is going to love these bright scents with playdough during their creative playtime! Another “yes” for this recipe from The Imagination Tree!
19. Assorted Playdough Fun Kit
Create a playdough fun kit for winter-inspired fun using dough, cookie cutters, and things to decorate. Your kids will have a blast with this fun kit from Study at Home Mama!
20. Cranberry Sauce-Scented Playdough
This cranberry sauce scented playdough recipe from One Time Through is such an incredible idea and will be so fun for your kids who want to help “cook.”
21. Christmas Beaded-Tree
Let your littles decorate trees with beads! This will keep them from playing with the big tree, and they can come up with as many combinations as their minds will allow as you try this activity from Childcareland Blog!
22. Winter-Scented Playdough
This winter spice-scented dough recipe from Nurture Store not only sparkles, it also smells exactly like winter!
23. Assorted Christmas-Scented Playdoughs
These beautiful balls of dough from Learn Play Imagine are fun to play with, and each one has a unique Christmasy scent your child will love!
24. Christmas Cookie Playdough Mat
This Christmas cookie playdough mat from Picklebums will let your kids decorate cookies while you bake!
25. Peppermint-Scented Playdough
Peppermint-scented playdough by Growing a Jeweled Rose might be the best playdough ever! And these colors are just so incredible together! How much fun is your kiddo going to have with this?
More Fun Crafts and Activities for Kids from Play Ideas!
- Help your kids love spending quality time with you while crocheting this lizard crochet tutorial!
- Make bath time more fun with this bath painting activity with your kids!
- Get healthy and have fun creating these healthy spring snacks for kids of all ages!
- Fun and play meet perfectly with these shaving cream play ideas!
- Thanksgiving will be super fun with these awesome Thanksgiving activities for kids!
- Baking is fun! Try decorating these funny cookies ideas with your kiddos!
- Go out and have summer fun with these sidewalk chalk activities!
Which fragrant playdough recipe are you trying out with your kiddo today?