Teaching science to kids is more fun when they get to taste the results! Learn while having a tasty snack with these 25 Edible Science Experiments For Kids! These fun kitchen science experiments great for getting children engaged in the scientific method and thinking. As there is nothing better then a good treat after developing your kids minds!
These experiments are so fun, your kids will eat them up. Enjoy!
Easy Edible Science Experiments For Kids
1. Cool Gelatin Lemonade Experiment
Learn about how fluids can be present in a liquid and solid state with this cool gelatin lemonade experiment by Ms. Fultz’s Corner with the kids! This fun fun science experiment is a lot like edible slime!
2. Make Some Sun Tasty S’mores with the Kids
Use the sun to make s’mores by Motherhood On A Dime without any outside help. Solar power teaching is at its tastiest! these solar oven s’mores taste even better then when cooked over a fire!
3. Candy Rock Cycle Formation
How do the different layers of rock form? Learn about them with this delicious candy experiment by Lemon Lime Adventures.
4. Edible Rock Crystals
Mix sugar and water and your kids can form their own edible rock crystals (unavailable) by Paging Fun Mums. Rock candy teaching is amazing!
5. Popcorn Cob
Did you know you can popcorn right on the cob by Tinkerlab? Learn how with this awesome and delicious experiment.
6. Lollipop Lab Color Mixing Experiment
How long does it take for lollipops to melt in water? And why do they melt? These questions and more will be answered with this lollipop lab experiment by Fantastic Fun And Learning.
7. Jell-O Cell Parts
Use candy to learn about the different parts of a cell by 1 2 3 Homeschool 4 Me. I’m guessing the Golgi apparatus has never been so delectable.
8. Raisins Dehydration Experiment
Your kids can make their own raisins and learn about dehydration with this awesome grape experiment by Learn Play Imagine.
9. Make Your Own Marshmallows
Learn about chemical reactions and combinations when you make these delicious marshmallows by Education at home.
10. Microwave a Peep Experiment
Or for a lesson about expansion and a super fun discussion about why – check out this Peep experiment by Hallecake with the kids.
11. Polymer Science – Homemade Fruit Gummies
Trying to teach about polymer strands by Left Brain, Craft Brain? Look no further than this gelatin polymer example.
12. Whipped Cream and Graham Mountain Experiment
Your kids will love learning about how mountains form (unavailable) by We Made That, with this fun whipped cream and graham cracker experiment.
13. Making Butter With Kids
Here’s another great and tasty experiment on how liquids become solids. Plus, you’ll have butter for dinner by Little Bins For Little Hands. Homemade butter is a great edible science project for any kid!
14. Edible Water Beads Experiment
These edible water beads by Growing A Jeweled Rose will give your kids a great sensory experience and let them learn about how fluid can expand objects.
15. Fizzy Sherbet Cups
Learn about chemical reactions with these fizzy sherbet cups by Laughing Kids Learn. I wonder if you could make a chocolate one!
16. Edible Mud Sensory Play for the Kids
Here’s another tasty tactile treat: edible mud by Kids Activities Blog. This is a chance for your children to get their hands dirty, and talk about science!
17. Yummy Edible Mini Garden
This edible mini garden by True Aim, grows from simple seeds and doesn’t take any dirt at all. Plus, it’ll taste great on salads.
18. Celery Plant Osmosis Experiment
The only thing missing from this celery osmosis experiment by Rainy Day Mum is a big glob of peanut butter for dipping.
19. Jell-O Clouds in Jars
Kids will love learning about clouds (unavailable) by The Queen Says with this delicious jello treat!
20. Dancing Frankenworms Kid’s Science Experiment
Watch gummy worms dance, wiggle, and squirm in this fun experiment about nucleation by Playdough to Plato.
21. Edible Butterfly Life Cycle
Now your kids can enjoy an afternoon treat, and learn about the life cycle of butterflies by My Joy Filled Life, at the same time.
22. Candy DNA Strands Model Craft
Make this delicious candy DNA strand by Weird Science Kids, then break it down one A, T, C, and G at a time. Gumdrops, toothpicks and Twizzlers comprise this candy dna model!
23. Sugar Glass
This delicious “glass” by Go Science Girls, is not only edible but also shatters! Talk about a smashing good time!
24. Blow Bubbles Inside An Apple Experiment
This might not be the most delicious of the edible experiments, but who wouldn’t want to blow bubbles inside an apple by Preschool Powol Packets?!
More Edible Science Crafts for Kids From Play Ideas
- Go wild with your kids with this Ramen Baths for today’s afternoon bathe craft!
- Cool Science experiments crafts you can do with the kids after an outdoor play.
- Enjoy the hot summer days as you go along with these kids – approved crafts here!
- Prepare silly Science experiments at home when your child’s friends pay a visit.
- Adorably adorable like these polar bear crafts for the whole gang!
- Gather those leaves and sat down together with the kids for these Fall Stem activities!
- Candies always win! Grab it all here!
Which yummy edible Science experiment are you going to do with your kids today?