Night lights are a thing of the past!
Light up the night with these 25 Lovely Luminaries Kids Can Make. These lanterns, lights, and jars will not only give a little extra light, they truly are absolutely beautiful. With projects for all seasons, your kids can have a different luminary in their room whenever they want!
Gear up for some night fun with kiddos!
Fun and Easy Luminary Crafts for Kids
How would you like to do some luminary crafts with your kids today? It is amazing how easy it is to make your own, and your kids will have a blast helping. Find out how here.
1. Wax Paper Lantern Project
This colorful wax paper lantern from Artsy-Fartsy Mama is a bright and beautiful project for the younger kiddo’s in your life.
2. Halloween House Luminaries
Create these creepy house luminaries with bigger kids and you can display them all fall! Follow the instructions from Just Crafty Enough!
3. Gorgeous Salt and Jar Lights
How beautiful are these Epsom salt luminaries? Well, salt could make something so colorful and gorgeous, like these jars from Play Eat Grow!
4. DIY Enchanting Fairy Lantern
Any fairy lover will love this fairy lantern from Pixie Hill. Bonus: it’s super easy to make and would be a great kid-made gift, too.
5. Lovely Autumn Night Jars
These fall luminaries by Where Imagination Grows will bring the color and beauty of fall into your home.
6. Colorful Faux Stained Glass
This faux stained glass luminary project from Crafts by Amanda will brighten any room in your home and leave anyone who sees it smiling.
7. Shining Glittery Luminaries
Make these simple glitter luminaries from Elmer’s and you can give them away as gifts to anyone who comes to visit. Luminaries add a special touch to Christmas celebrations. Try this easy craft project with the kids.
8. Glowing Fairy Lights
9. Creepy Halloween Lanterns
These Halloween lanterns are a little harder to make, but your bigger kiddos would love showing off their final products. The steps from Adventure In A Box will also help ease the process!
10. Awesome Spiderweb Luminaries
Littles can make these spiderweb luminaries with very little help from you, and they make great Halloween decorations. Easy instructions are from Mum In The Madhouse!
11. Jack-o-Lanterns from Upcycled Milk Containers
Recycle those old baby formula containers to make these jack-o-lantern luminaries from Merriment Design.
12. Leafy Fall Luminaries
These leafy luminaries would look gorgeous in any room of your home this fall. Get the instructions from Twig And Toadstool!
13. Sparkly DIY Mason Jar Luminaries
These simple mason jar luminaries are great for kids to make and will send sparkly light into your home. What a simple DIY luminaries project that adds a warm glow to the winter season from Dream A Little Bigger!
14. Classy Marbles Tin Can Luminaries
15. Easy Mummy Luminaries for Halloween
Your younger kiddos are going to love making these mummy luminaries as Halloween decorations. This crafty lantern from Crafts by Courtney is a great fall craft for your preschoolers. The luminary can be used to display in a child’s bedroom or hung up in the classroom.
16. Easy DIY Leaf Luminaries
These beautiful leaf luminaries are a great indoor/outdoor activity to share with your kiddos this fall. Find out how to make these from Kids Craft Room!
17. Vellum Luminary Project
How gorgeous is this vellum luminary (unavailable)? It looks like something you’d buy at the store, but your kids can make it right at home if they follow the steps from DIY Or Don’t!
18. Adorable Pool Noodle Luminaries
These pool noodle luminaries don’t take much to make, but they’re great for lighting up a backyard this fall. Thrifty idea by Create Craft Love!
19. Colorful Rainbow Fish Luminaries
These beautiful rainbow fish luminaries are fun for the kiddos to create, and can be kept for years to come. Learn how to make this beautiful DIY luminaria for the holidays with the instructions from You Seriously Made That.
20. Crazy Snowman Luminary
This winter, fill your home with these snowman luminaries and enjoy the weather outside the inside. Such easy art and crafts to do with your kids on a snowy afternoon. Check the instructions from Chica Circle!
21. Christmas Town Luminary Jar
This gorgeous Christmas township would make a breathtaking kid-made gift for family or friends this holiday season. What a beautiful art and craft activity for your kids to make from Shabby Art Boutique!
22. Fantastic DIY Paper Lanterns
These DIY paper lanterns from Lia Griffith are easy to make and so much fun to show off to friends.
23. Cool R2D2 Luminary Project
Your Star Wars fan will love these DIY R2D2 luminaries from DIY Candy. Maybe with a little ingenuity, you can come up with C3PO, too!
24. Starry Sparkly Night Luminary
Bring the beauty of the outside inside your home with this starry night luminary arts and crafts. This project from The Shabby Creek Cottage is super easy for kids to make!
25. Colored Tissue Paper Stained Glass
Work on those scissor skills with this tissue paper stained glass luminary from Mom Spark. Your kids can cut the paper, and create this beautiful light all in the span of an afternoon.
More Amazing Crafts and Activities for Kids from Play Ideas
- Dry out orange slices for a fresher craft and your kid will love it!
- These fun Halloween sensory activities will add awesomeness to your kid’s October!
- These whimsical fairy activities will add up magic to your kid’s day!
- Have fun teaching your kids about the weather with these creative weather activities!
- Is your kid bored inside the house? Have real fun with these outdoor games and activities!
- Your kids will love these awesome pinchpot activities on a dull day!
- Have a young archaeologist with these fun fossil craft ideas!
Which luminary will light up your kids’ rooms tonight?