Kiddos everywhere dream they can fly! DIY kite crafts are a fun activity for all ages. Kites are a way for them to experience the fun of soaring from the safety of the ground. These colorful DIY kite activities, instructable for 5-year-olds will inspire your kiddos to create, paint, build, and even fly their own kites. Let the flying fun begin!
Let your kid’s imagination fly with these cool kites!
Make outside play more fun with these DIY kite activities and have a nice day with your kiddos!
Cute and Colorful DIY Kite Activities for 5-Year-olds
1. Adorable Suncatcher Kite Designs
Get ready to fill your windows with adorable tissue paper kite art by Kinder Craze! These cuties are as lovely as sun catchers and will inspire your 5-year-old to make more pretty kite crafts!
Colorful kite suncatchers!
2. Cute DIY Kite Craft from Cupcake Liners
This cupcake liner kite craft by I Heart Crafty Things is so adorable it looks like it should be a greeting card! Your 5-year-old will surely love making them and giving them to his friends birthday party!
This kite greeting card is so cute!
3. Easy DIY Fish Kite Project for 5-year-olds
This gorgeous DIY fish kite by Red Ted Art will become a favorite around your house, so you better make more than one! Your little 5-year-old will love seeing fishes fly high in the sky and enjoy the air breeze!
Fishes can fly high too!
4. Simple and Classic DIY Kite-Making Activity
Kites don’t have to be fancy to fly. Some twine, two sticks, tape, and a piece of paper are all a 5-year-old needs to feel the tugging of the wind with inexpensive materials! This is the classic kite craft Made by Joel!
This simple kite is super easy for kids to make!
5. Lightweight DIY Kite Made from Garbage Bag
Paper is not the only material you can use in making a kite! Your 5-year-old will discover the wonders of plastic kites in this activity by 2 Little Hooligans! Fun fact: this kite is made from a garbage bag. Fly away with ribbon and kite string!
This awesome kite craft is perfectly lighter!
6. Colorful and Cute DIY Kite for 5-Year-Olds
Homemade kites don’t all have to look exactly the same! Your little kiddo will have a blast while making this kite project by Babble Dabble Do! Add crepe colors here and there, fold and voila! This cool kite will outfly them all!
Put in some colors to your cute kite!
7. Super Cool Paper Plate DIY Kite on a Rainy Day
Sometimes when it’s rainy, your 5-year-old still wants to fly a kite. Now he can! This paper plate kite by Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds is simple to make and perfect for flying inside! Special note: This is easy to handle and perfect for kids of all ages too!
Your 5-year-old will have good time flying this awesome paper plate kite!
8. Hindu-Inspired DIY Kite Craft
For Hindus, Sankranti is the day children fly kites. Let your 5-year-old know about this noble event! This awesome kite craft by Antsy Craftsy Mom will make sure your child is ready to soar!
This awesome Hindu-inspired kite is ready to fly!
9. Make Cute DIY Kite Journals for 5-year-olds
Kites can also spark a playwright in your 5-year-old’s mind. Make a kite journal and ask them this: If you were a kite, how would you spend their day? This idea from Teacher Bits and Bobs gets a lot of cool responses from the little ones!
How would your kiddo respond to this cute question?
10. Easy DIY Kite-on-a-Stick Craft
Sometimes the weather doesn’t cooperate with kite flying fun, but that’s okay! This kite-on-a-stick craft from Crafts by Amanda will ensure your 5-year-old still gets to run around outside, even if the weather doesn’t agree!
This kite-on-a-stick is so fun your kiddo will love running around with it!
11. Make DIY Paper Lunch Sack Kite for Kids
Lunchtime is over and the 5-year-olds want to play. This paper lunch sack kite from Lovely Commotion is the perfect save! They can decorate it then take it outside and fill the afternoon with giggly delight!
Paper bags are perfect kites too!
12. Easy DIY Kites Made Out of Newspapers
Teach your 5-year-old about recycling with this kite idea from Living Well Spending Less! Great news: your kiddo can make a fully-functioning newspaper kite! It flies perfectly well too!
Newspaper kites fly well on a sunny day!
13. Make a DIY Kite Painting Using Pasta
Painted pasta makes for an adorable painted pasta kite picture. Your 5-year-old will have a blast making this easy DIY painting from Crafty Morning for sure!
Who knew pasta can make an awesome kite painting?
14. Nature-Inspired DIY Kite for Spring
This awesome DIY kite by Sprout Online is made up almost entirely of things found in nature. Your 5-year-old kid will surely fall in love with nature as you do this activity! What a way to celebrate the great outdoors!
Your kiddo will love nature more with this kite craft!
15. Super Simple DIY Paper Kite Craft
The paper kite craft by Pink Stripey Socks is simple, so be sure your 5-year-old will make more than one. Seriously. Each kid needs their own, and possibly a backup (because they might float away)! Fly away!
16. Super Duper Easy Plastic DIY Kite for Kids to Make
Your 5 year old wants to fly something but all of your homemade kites have failed? No worries! The absolutely easiest kite in the world is here to save the day! Thanks to Making Boys Men, those plastic bags now have a new purpose!
This absolutely no-fail plastic bag kite is fun to play with!
17. Paint a Lovely Rainbow DIY Kite with Your 5-year-old
This rainbow kite idea by A Mommy’s Adventures is fun to make and will look beautiful on your 5-year-old’s wall once they are done! Definitely a colorfully fun craft!
Rainbow colors will liven up your kiddo’s kite!
18. Crafty DIY Kite Made from Different Stuff!
This kid-made kite craft by I Can teach My Child is one where you hand your child all the supplies and tell them to imagine something fun. From milk cartons to paper bags to crepe papers to much other stuff, you’ll be truly impressed with how well your 5-year-old will do!
Let your kiddo’s imagination soar!
19. Personalized DIY Kite to Fly Around
This simple kite craft by Inner Child Fun takes just two minutes to make from start to finish! Add your 5-year-old’s name and they’re ready to fly! Who’s ready to go to the park?
Fly some colorful personalized kites today!
20. Make a DIY Kite and Finger-Paint It
This finger-painted kite idea by Blissful Homemaking is nearly no-mess – which means it’s more fun for parents and kiddos! Your 5-year-old will love adding bright colors to his kite!
This super easy and colorful DIY kite is so awesome to make!
21. Beautiful DIY Stained Glass Kite Craft
This gorgeous stained glass kite craft by Make and Takes will sit in your 5-year-old’s window and remind them of all the kite-flying fun you shared! It’s super fun to make together!
This stained glass kite art is simply beautiful and fun to make!
22. Make a Colorful Symmetrical DIY Kite Craft
Your 5-year-old can rock symmetry on their DIY kite using this awesome idea from Rockabye Butterfly! It’s super easy and simple to make, but the end result will leave your kiddo in awe!
This colorful kite looks just like a Rorschach ink blot slide!
23. Sweet Watercolor-Painted DIY Kite
Make an awesome light-colored kite with your 5-year-old. How? With watercolors! This sweet watercolor kite idea by Little Family Fun is so lovely your kids will surely make more of this!
Mix those colors and paint your kite today!
24. Make a Lovely Hanging Yarn DIY Kite Craft
These yarn kites by A Little Craft in Your Day are classic! Your 5-year-old will love making them and hanging them by the window, or anywhere in the house!
These beautiful yarn kites are so easy to make!
25. Crafty Yummy DIY Kite Snacks for Kids
After all that kite play, your little fliers will need a snack. These s’mores kite pops by Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons are the perfect combination of s’mores deliciousness and kite playing fun! Your 5-year-old will surely love these!
Fill your kid’s tummy with these yummy and cute kite pops!
More Creative and Fun DIY Crafts from Play Ideas!
- Let your kiddo involved in making this awesome DIY pallet wall home project!
- Enjoy the Christmas countdown! Add magic and color to your Advent Calendar ideas with these fun DIY crafts!
- These awesome polymer crafts are irresistibly fun DIY crafts to make with kids!
- Your kids will love making these DIY curiously cute cat crafts on their own!
- Make these spectacular sticks crafts with your kids on a fine summer afternoon. DIY Crafts your kiddos will surely love!
- These easy and delicious peppermint candy crafts are perfect for your little one’s sweet tooth! Have fun with these DIY Crafts.
- DIY Crafts has never been this easy! Kids of all ages will have a blast making these fun finger puppet crafts!
Which colorful DIY kite activity is your child’s favorite?