If you have older kids who are heading back to school and leaving their younger siblings behind, there’ll be some adjusting to do first! Keep your younger children busy by trying these fun little kid activities for your smaller kids to do after the big kids go back to school.
With these ideas and easy crafts, your little ones will have a blast and be too busy having fun to miss their siblings too much!
Get ready for fun action with smaller kids!
They’ll be so proud to show off what they’ve done once school is over to the older kiddos!
Fun and Awesome Little Kid Activities
1. Color Weaving Kid Activity
This colorful weaving activity by Coffee Cups And Crayons is lots of fun! It also helps your child practice their fine motor skills!
What a fun weaving afternoon!
2. Paper Plate Jumping Game for Little Kids
The activity from Hands On as We Grow is so simple: all you need is paper plates and your imagination! But your kids will love jumping from plate to plate, especially if you join in too! This fun activity could be a great indoor obstacle course during a rainy day!
3. Reading Activity with Your Little One
Reading to your child seems like a simple activity. But if you follow these tips from Coffee Cups and Crayons for how to read to your child, it can make the experience even more enjoyable for you both!
4. Easy DIY Jewelry Project with Little Kids
Why not try making this DIY jewelry beads project by Kids Activities Blog together? You could even make coordinating pieces for each of you or make a gift for your friends!
5. Travel the World with Charts Activity for Little Kids
International travel takes tons of time and money! But with this educational activity from Kids Activities Blog, you can travel around the world together with your preschooler in one day!
6. Colorful and Fun Oobleck Activity
Let your toddler have fun mixing the colorful oobleck, and then turn it all fizzy! This is one of the sensory activities from Fun at Home with Kids that is so fun!
Sensory play fun with oobleck!
7. Play Blocks on a Mirror with Little Kids
Basic blocks take on a whole new dimension when you play on a mirror in this fun idea from Paint On The Ceiling!
8. Fun Color Scavenger Hunt Activity for Little Kids
This fun outdoor activities by Tips From a Typical Mom comes in two parts: first a color scavenger hunt and then a colorful collage to hang on the wall!
9. Truck Roads Made from Old Jeans Activity
Don’t throw away those old jeans! Turn them into a road and driveway for your child’s toy cars using this tutorial from Teach Beside Me! Your kiddo will surely have great fun!
10. Prep Some Yummy Afterschool Snacks for Little Kids!
Celebrate your older siblings’ return to school with these adorable afterschool snacks recipe! Your younger kiddo will love helping out in making this snack with Creative Kid Snacks!
11. Backyard Climber Craft Activity
Wow! You can make your own backyard climber with a couple of old tires and some paint! Your little kid will have fun climbing this fun idea from My Small Potatoes especially when they play hide and seek!
12. Simple and Fun Science Experiment Activity
Even if your little ones aren’t in school yet, they can still do this fun science experiment from Frogs Snails And Puppy Dog Tails! They’ll love watching the swirls form on the top of the milk!
13. Edible Fingerpainting Little Kid Activity
You’ve probably tried finger paint before, but have you tried fingerpaint you can eat? This fun activity by Hands On As We Grow will liven up your little one’s dull afternoon!
More Fun Learning Crafts and Activities from Play Ideas!
- Help your kids love spending quality time with you while crocheting this lizard crochet tutorial!
- Make bath time more fun with this bath painting activity with your kids!
- Get healthy and have fun creating these healthy spring snacks for kids of all ages!
- Fun and play meet perfectly with these shaving cream play ideas!
- Thanksgiving will be super fun with these awesome Thanksgiving activities for kids!
- Baking is fun! Try decorating these funny cookies ideas with your kiddos!
- Winter doesn’t need to be boring. Have real fun with these amazing indoor activities during wintertime!
Which creative and fun activity are you going to do with your little preschooler today?