Are your kids brains becoming a pile of mush this summer? These are great ways to enjoy the 4th and learn about it at the same time. Have fun this Independence Day with these educational 4th of July activities!
The whole family will also enjoy making their own craft while cooking up something on the grill and baking some dessert recipes! Preschoolers are going to love this different July 4th party with July crafts they can do with fun learning!
12 Bright and Fun Educational 4th of July Activities
1. Life Sized American Flag
Create your own Life Size American Flag by Hands On As We Grow and learn about the stars, stripes, and colors at the same time. These streamers are perfect for the fireworks displays on your July party!
2. 4th of July Flag Shirt
Make your own 4th of July Flag Shirt by Kids Activities Blog to wear to all your 4th of July Festivities! You can definitely join the Fourth of July celebration parade in the neighborhood wearing this!
3. U Is For U.S.A Activities
Learn all about the U.S.A. with this U is for U.S.A. activities by oopsie daisy. Do these fourth of July activities while having some chocolate ice cream with blue sprinkles!
4. American Symbol
This is a really cute activity for kindergarten kids to learn about American Symbols by Growing Kinders. They’ll love the local fireworks show, chips, and candy in the picnic basket after the lessons.
6. Fact Files About the 4th of July
7. 12 Books About America’s Birthday
If your kids love to read check out these 12 Books about America’s Birthday by Kids Activities Blog!
8. Today in History
The Library of Congress is another great resource for 4th of July Facts. They have a great “Today in History” by The Library of Congress page full of information and photographs about the 4th of July.
9. Scissor Skills
Practice your Scissor Skills by Itsy Bitsy Fun with these 4th of July themed practice sheets.
10. Fireworks in a Jar
Ever wonder how Fireworks work? Make Fireworks in a Jar by Gift of Curiosity to learn how!
11. Pre-K Pack
Learn about the 4th of July all while practicing your writing, patterns, and puzzle skills with this Pre-K pack by Over the Big Moon.
12. Declaration of Gratefulness
Learn about the Declaration of Independence with your kids and then create your own Family Declaration of Gratefulness by iMom.
More Fun Activities To Learn With Your Kids From Play Ideas
- These fabulously explosive Fourth of July crafts and food ideas will complete your celebration.
- Let the kids make their own stained glass art with these wonderful ideas.
- Got lots of popsicles? Check out these fun popsicle stick crafts for kids to make.
- Make memories last with when you make these handprint crafts for toddlers.
- These cotton ball crafts for preschoolers are so cute.
- Teach fun the fun way with these spring Math activities for preschoolers.
Which of these education activities are you doing with your kids?