Do you have a child just starting to read? Want to know more hacks on getting your toddler or preschooler to love reading? Then this post is for you!
Sight word games and activities can make beginning reading fun and help your child build a strong foundation they will use forever.
Go ahead and make use of these fun and easy 12 sight word games and activities, perfect to help them learn while having a good time!
Easy and Fun Sight Word Games For Kids To Enjoy
1. LEARNING WORDS THROUGH GUM GAME
Have fun learning sight words with your preschoolers using this gum game by Playdough to Plato. Kids will surely enjoy imagining those gumball-formed words while learning them.
Make sure to give their true gumball as a prize. Fun!
2. SIGHT WORDS PLAY WITH TOYS
What a fun way on getting your kid’s full attention on learning sight words by using their own toys by Kids Activities Blog. It’s very economical since you’re just going to use their favorite toys around.
Make sure to have them help too in tidying their toys after.
3. FREE PRINTABLE SIGHT WORD GAME
Learn the easy and fun way to learn sight words through a game by Brain Power Boy! For this sight word game, you need to prepare the following:
- Scissors or paper cutter
- 1 mini craft brad
- brad setter piercing tool or needle
- one lego mini toy figure for each player or your kid’s favorite toy
Don’t forget to print out the game packet found on the link above and you’re all set! Awesome!
4. CREATIVE FLASHCARDS
Forget the boring flashcards and be creative on making flashcards by Blue Mangollc to have fun with your kids! It’s super easy! Write it on a pan with sand, or whipped cream, whiteboard marker, or anything you can use.
As kids learn to read, they’re learning the sense of touch too. How awesome right?
5. SIGHT WORDS BASKETBALL GAME
Get your kids moving while learning sight words with this fun sight words basketball game by Toddler Approved. It’s super fun and easy! We used foam sheets shaped like a pumpkin and wrote the sight words on them.
You can always be creative in using the materials you want and follow the rules of the game on the link above or have your own too. Be creative and just have fun!
6. MATH SIGHT WORDS FLASHCARDS
Help your kids learn Math the easy way by practicing with them using these Math sight words flashcards by Kids Activities Blog. You can get free printable Math sight words from the link above.
These are common Math sight words that kids can learn in advance to aid them in their future Math problems at school. Awesome!
7. TRACING AND WRITING SIGHT WORDS
Aside from learning to read, help your kids learn how to write and spell sight words using these tracing and writing sight words worksheets by 3 Boys and a Dog.
You can choose from different varieties of free printable worksheets on the link above!
8. EAT YOUR SIGHT WORDS GAME
A delicious fun way to read sight words with your kids is to let them eat the sight words on this game by School Time Snippets.
Grab some alphabet letter cookies in stores or groceries near you and start munching those letters! Be sure to read them first!
9. BEACH BALL SIGHT WORDS GAME
I didn’t know playing beach ball can be used in learning sight words until I found out this game by Kids Activities Blog! All you need to have is a beach ball, a marker, and a list of different sight words which you can find on the link above.
The rules? Kids try to catch the ball, read one sight word written on the ball then throw it again. It’s a sure hit for preschoolers and kids of all ages! Fun!
10. SIGHT WORDS TARGET PRACTICE GAME
Another favorite in the house! This super fun sight words target practice game by I can teach my child is just like your playing a dart game. It’s very simple!
All you need to have is a soft toy ball that can be used as a dart and a list of sight words pasted on your walls. Just make sure to give them a prize after a very fun and interactive game!
11. SIGHT WORDS GAME WITH CUPS
This super fun and easy sight words game with cups (unavailable) by Rub some dirt blog is another favorite. It’s just like your playing a guessing game.
Write sight words on each cup, hide a toy in secret then let the kids guess which cup is the toy hiding while letting them read the sight words first. Fun!
12. DIY SIGHT WORDS FLASHCARDS
Choose from different sight words in different categories while making your own DIY sight words flashcards by Kids Activities Blog with your kids! Have a collection of these colorful sight words for fun learning at home at no cost at all! Yay!
MORE EASY AND FUN WAYS TO LEARN SIGHT WORDS WITH YOUR KIDS FROM PLAY IDEAS
- Kids will definitely tune in reading as they see these awesome and colorful butterfly learning activites here.
- Be spooky with your kids while having fun and learning sight words with this DIY Halloween sight word game!
- Boost up your preschooler with these fun and exciting crazy fun sight word games here!
- Go out and have fun on the streets while learning with these games you can play with sidewalk chalk.
- Get your busy toddlers move and learn with these fun and easy phonics game and activites here.
- Have fun crafting while learning with your kids with these busy bags activities for kids!
- Playing board games while learning is a sure hit on kids at all ages!
Which fun and easy sight words game are you going to play with your kids today?